Bankruptcy and Insolvency
The area of bankruptcy, insolvency and reestructuring counts with several lawyers with a strong background and experience in bankruptcy law that advise both physical persons and companies, that are either bankrupt, under financial stress or insolvent. In addition the partner in charge of this area of practice regularly serves as a receiver in bankruptcy proceedings pending in several of the Madrid’s Courts of commerce.
Advisement of debtors:
– Reestructuring and refinancing prior to bankruptcy proceedings
– Representing and defense of debtors in bankruptcy court proceedings (drafting of bankruptcy pleadings, dealing with the receiver appointed by the court on behalf of the debtor)
– Drafting of creditors agreements and negotiation of the same with the creditors on behalf of the debtor
– Protection of shareholders and directors of bankrupt companies (defense against claims for the devolution of assets to the bankrupt company, liability claims, bankruptcy qualification, etc.)
Advisement to creditors:
– Representing and defense of creditors in bankruptcy court proceedings
– Drafting of creditors agreements and negotiation of the same with the debtor’s receiver
– Defense of the creditors before the bankrupt debtor and or the directors and or shareholder of this
– Defying of decisions adopted by the debtor’s receiver (defying of the listings of assets and liabilities approved by the receiver, graduation of credits, claims for the devolution of assets to the bankrupt company, appeals against decisions adopted by the court where the bankrutpcy is pending, etc.